Saskatchewan Approved Private Homes Inc.
Providing family homes for people with disAbilities
Saskatchewan Approved Private Homes Inc. (SAPH – pronounced SAFE) is a registered non-profit organization and professional association that provides information, education and supports to Approved Private Service Home providers.
Approved Private Service Homes are certified by the Departments of Health or Social Services providing homes and supports for persons with intellectual, mental and often physical disabilities in Saskatchewan.
Approved Private Service Home operators provide a caring family environment and support for adult residents who live in our homes.
Some of our residents live with mental illnesses, cognitive disabilities, and some have limited mobility. All of our residents receive skilled, dedicated care, loving guidance, protection and are welcomed into our families.
The Spring Semester of the Cross Training Online Learning Program will begin March 28, 2016.
Two courses will be offered this semester:
– Fundamentals of Mental Health (10 weeks: March 28 – June 3)
– Recovery-Oriented Approach in Addiction & Mental Health (10 weeks: March 28 – June 3)
Information on the spring semester courses is included in the attached:
– poster and course information document for health region staff and Health-funded agencies (Course Information and Poster)
– poster and course information document for outside agencies not funded through the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health (Course Information and Poster)
(the cost to students from outside agencies is $200).
The registration process is outlined on page 3 of the course information documents. The registration deadlines are:
– for health regions and Health-funded agencies – March 11
– for outside agencies – March 4
We appreciate your assistance in forwarding the posters to appropriate contacts in your health region for inclusion on your website or in newsletters, as well as sending the course information to colleagues who may have an interest in the courses.
Thank you for your continued support in promoting the cross training courses. Please let me know if you no longer wish to receive these notices, or if someone should be added to the email distribution list.
If you require more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.